Here are match reports for Sunday Team games this season

STFC Sunday 2 – 3 Aylesford (11/3/2018)
Snodland Town started well from the whistle and it wasn’t long before we took the lead. A good cross from Harry Dawes was neatly finished by Jack Marshall. Aylesford soon replied with a good strike from 25yards. But Snodland’s dominance in the next period couldn’t be converted into a goal. Again Aylesford struck back making it 1 -2. However just before half time Snodland broke down the right hand side resulting in Jack Marshall finishing with a brilliant individual goal, bringing the game level again.
In the second half both teams battled hard to clinch the all-important winning goal. The winning break finally fell to Aylesford in the final minutes of the game. This was an entertaining game of football that could have gone either way.

STFC Sunday 5 – 4 Park Royal (4/2/2018)
The Town serve up a Royal thriller .
Park Royal were at Snodland before the whistle had left the referees lips and quickly jumped on some slack defending to go 1 up after 5 minutes.
A shell shocked Snodland had to weather the storm for most of the first half when a rare attack saw Phil Chapman getting pushed over in the box. The ref pointed to the spot and Jamie Birchard made no mistake with his kick.
In the second half Snodland looked like a different team and within 10minutes they were 3-1 up with a smart finish from Harry Dawes and another pen from Jamie Birchard. There was no time to blink though as Park Royal hit back with 2 goals of their own. It was now 3-3 but Snodland were in no mood to settle for a draw and bagged 2 more goals. Another Harry Dawes goal and one from super-sub Shane Tree. Back came Park Royal though to make it 5-4.
And they literally threw the kitchen sink at Snodland to get an equaliser only to be foiled by man of the match Paul Ambler with a string of outstanding saves. Both teams served up a Royal dish in this tasty encounter.

K Sports 2 – 4 STFC Sunday (28/1/2018)
K Sports miss their Special K
In an entertaining game Snodland opened up the scoring early on. A cross from Harry Dawes was tapped in by Ben Smith. A second then followed from Jack Marshall. K Sports rallied and got one back from a direct free kick. Our keeper, Paul Ambler, got a hand to it but with the force of the shot the ball went in just below bar.
Early in the second half Harry Dawes scored Snodland’s 3rd goal only for K Sports to get their second from the penalty spot. This gave them the impedance to try for an equaliser. However the game was killed off when Harry Dawes scored an individual goal on the counter attack. Paul Ambler faced 2 penalties saving the first but unable to keep out the second that was driven low.

Aylesford 3 – 3 STFC Sunday (26/11/2017)
Harry Dawes and Martin Del(iver)
To sum this game up it was your typical game of two halves. Aylesford scored after 7minutes but that was all they could muster as the Town machine went through the gears and deservedly grabbed two well worked goals finished off be Shane Tree and Harry Dawes respectively. The trio of the Dawes brothers and Martin Del bossed the midfield right up to half time.
In the second half Aylesford took the game to the Town. After some prolonged pressure the game had turned on its head and Aylesford found themselves 3-2 up and awarded a penalty to make it 4 only to be thwarted by captain and veteran keeper Paul Ambler. This spurred a late rally from the Town and after some sustained pressure Aylesford’s creaking defence failed to stop Harry Dawes running through several players and netting in to the bottom corner.

STFC Sunday 4 – 4 K Sports (5/11/2017)
Towns fledglings learn to fly
The mighty K Sports rolled up at the Town expecting a comfortable win but the gulf in money and facilities wasn’t evident in this hard fought scrap. The town started the brighter and were rewarded with an early goal from 16 year old Harry Gearing accelerating down the right wing and picking up a cross field ball to slam home from close range. K Sports then capitalised on some sloppy defending to make it 1-1. The game settled for a while with both midfields cancelling each other out. However a great individual goal from the K Sports centre forward just before the half ended saw them go into the break 2-1 up.
The second half started much the same as the first. Snodland were on top when K Sports headed home a free header from some smart play down the left hand side. The game looked dead and buried only to see the town scrap their way back with 2 goals from Zac Harris and an equaliser from Shane Tree. 4-4 seemed a fair result.

STFC Sunday 5 – 2 Sutton Valance Athletic – Challenge Cup (22/10/2017)
This Challenge Cup game against Sutton Valance was a seven goal thriller. Snodland started the brighter in this hard fought encounter and scored an early goal through Harry Dawes. Valance levelled immediately but only to fall behind from another Harry Dawes strike. However 15 minutes before half time Valance equalised once again only to see 16 year old Zac Harris smash in Snodland’s third from close range.
In the second half it was Snodland that showed their class. A great free kick from Aaron Dawes was followed by another goal from Harry Dawes. This completed his hat-trick and earned him headlines in the Kent Messenger the following Thursday.